Parent Guidance Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible.
Donate through PayPal:
Donate while shopping on Amazon:
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
AmazonSmile is very simple to use—all you need is an Amazon account. On your first visit to the site, you will be asked to log in to your Amazon account with existing username and password (you do not need a separate account for AmazonSmile). You will then be prompted to choose a charity to support. During future visits to the site, AmazonSmile will remember your charity and apply eligible purchases towards your total contribution—it is that easy!
You can also send donations to:
Parent Guidance Center
9600 Escarpment Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78749
10 Myths about child welfare and parental rights . . .
1) Myth: You will never be falsely accused of abusing your child, so probably don’t need your rights protected.
2) Myth: Parents accused of abuse and/or neglect are automatically assigned legal counsel so they don’t really need help.
3) Myth: Parents involved with CPS “must have done something wrong” or CPS would not get involved.
4) Myth: It’s not about money – did you know that the state of Texas can draw down money from the federal government every time a poor child is removed by CPS?
5) Myth: Adoption is not about money – did you know that the state of Texas can make money through federal adoption incentives when a child gets adopted instead of going home to their biological parents?
6) Myth: Most kids eventually go home – did you know that only about 30% of children removed by CPS go home to their biological parents in the state of Texas each year.
7) Myth: CPS helps parents complete their service plans and only terminates parental rights when absolutely necessary and with plenty of evidence.
8) Myth: Children are safer in foster care – did you know that children are MORE likely to be abused in foster care than at home?
9) Myth: Only severely abused kids are taken by CPS – did you know that the majority of children are removed for NEGLECT, which is often related to poverty, not abuse?
10) Myth: Parents can find lots of help and resources when their children are removed by CPS – did you know there are actually very few resources for parents once their children are removed and the federal 12-month clock starts ticking?
Please donate today. We have been working free of charge to protect parental rights since 2004.